Clinical Outcomes: Statistics from 01/02/2012 to 01/11/2016.
- Post-operative haematoma (return to theatre): 1.73%o
- Post-operative infection: 0.99%
- Post-operative seroma (Following mastectomy only. No return to theatre and required direct aspiration in the clinic only): 8.3%
- Re-excision rate (further surgery for breast cancer conservative surgery): 33%
Breast Reconstruction Surgery
- Immediate reconstruction:73.5%
- Delayed reconstruction: 26.5%
- Post-operative haematoma (return to theatre): 1.56%
- Post-operative infection* rate: 20% and loss of implant rate: 17%
- Post-operative breast reconstruction following mastectomy infection rate can be up to 35% (Larain L Washer Et al. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, 2012-03-01, Volume 26, Issue 1, Pages 111-125).